3 October 2011

Weave


Handwoven scarf (detail) by Belgian designer Ilse Acke
via here

Anuschka Hoevener, FW 2011
via here


I love anything handwoven. Maybe it stems from when I was a child and had my own small loom. I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it's gathering dust at my parents' house. I remember making my own little scarves on it.

The first image is a detail of a scarf made by Ilse Acke. Ilse is a Belgian graphic designer who also makes the most beautiful handwoven pillows and scarves. Her use of colours is amazing.  Check out her blog for more lovely images.  She also has a webshop via De Invasie, a Belgian cooperative which supports and promotes talented young designers in all fields. Through them, a friend of mine sells a wonderful toy for children, but more about that at another time...


No comments :

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1