3 June 2011

Identity




all images via here


So, you may have gathered from some of my earlier posts (here and here) that I am fascinated by the concept of Identity. Who are we?  And how is that translated in the choices that we make, the way that we dress, the objects and ideas that we hold dear?  Do others see us the way that we see ourselves? In an age where personal branding is becoming increasingly popular and important, these questions arise time and again. And isn't much of the blogging experience just about that very question? 

I was, therefore, thrilled when Vivian of Le petit bird told me started a series on her blog called Who are you. In it, she asks other bloggers to create a still life with objects that mean something to them, that express their style or how they see themselves. It's a perfect combination of two of my great interests: identity and styling. When I asked her if I could feature this series on my blog, she not only kindly accepted but also asked me to create a Who are you-still life of my own, to be featured on her blog. It's really exciting and it has left me browsing through my most cherished objects to see how I could best represent myself. Not that easy when I'm slightly schizophrenic in my tastes .... Shall I go for my minimalist core only, or should I include another facet as well. Hmmmm. Need to think about it some more. I'll let you know when my still life is done.

 In the meantime, check out  Vivian's blog for more inspiring still lives and other interesting posts! 


3 comments :

erleichda said...

"I can only be myselv. Whoever that is" bob dylan
your post made think a lot.... you see i am quite schizophrenic also ( i think is obvious on my blog!!!)
lovely idea indeed : )
looking forward to see what you´ll come up with

le petit bird said...

what a great post! thank you :)
realy looking forward to your photo!

Vibeke said...

looking forward to see your photo! lovely idea :)

v

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1