24 July 2011

Norway




Over the past few days, I have been confronted with images of the horrific events in Oslo and Utoya. My heart goes out to all Norwegians out there.  It feels like the attack was directed at a country known for its openness and kindness. Even in this blogging world, their warmth and love permeates. Over the past months, I have received nothing but kindness from my Norwegian readers, even though I have never met any of them.  

I am impressed with how they react as a nation to this tragedy too. Even in such dreadfully sad times, it touches me to see how their reactions are all full of dignity and love.  Even though it may be so easy now to retaliate out of anger, they refuse to be drawn into the destructiveness of hatred.

Norway and all your children all over the world, you are in my heart and in my thoughts.


7 comments :

erleichda said...

thank you so much my dear Ellen. and for your kind words on my blog. its overwhelming. so many kind people in this world...

Jenny Woolf said...

There will be many sharing this view about this un-deserved outrage

Hila said...

I had a nightmare last night about this. All I can think about is what must have been going through those poor children's minds when that lunatic told them he was going to kill them. Too awful for words.

Carole Reid said...

Such a good example to the rest of us.

Vibeke said...

i am proud to be your
far away friend dear e...
love,
v

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.

PS. Thank you for your visit on my blog.

E. said...

I have no more words really, but thank you for the kind comments.

x E.

@ Lisa you're very welcome, I really enjoy your blog.

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1