31 July 2011

If only it were that simple ...








Flowmarket is a store that - in their own words - materializes our immaterial needs.  According to them, this is 'the new generation luxury." The idea behind this concept is that change happens when we change our mindset, so they sell little (empty) cans of Well-being, Intimacy, and much more. I'd definitely get myself some Silence and maybe some Inner peace.

I love the concept. However, the fact that they actually sell these cans for $19,14 a piece??  Not so much!  

(Did someone just say 'The Emperor's new clothes' ???)




7 comments :

erleichda said...

some inner peace for me too....
but ... of course. if one needs to pay for it. then will never find it ...

erleichda said...

i just tweeted that by the way : )

Jenny Woolf said...

Mm, I think little bits of paper with those words on them would work just as well, don't you? :)

Carole Reid said...

You have to admit it's a great marketing scheme.

anyaadores said...

Loving the idea - not so much the price :) Great blog btw - newest follower - please come and say hi sometimes, hopefully you'll like mine too:)
Axxx

Anonymous said...

this would definitely come in handy sometimes ;-)

E. said...

@ Demie: thanks for tweeting! Enjoy your holiday away from blogging!

@jenny: Good idea! Maybe we should market this :-)

@ Carole: I agree that it is very clever marketing-wsie, but somehow it irritates me. there seems to be such a discrepancy, even contradiction, between the concept itself of changing the world (through things like inner peace and intimacy)yet wrapping it up in such a 'capitalist' way.

@ anya: Welcome to my blog and thank you for following. It's always great to see new people here. I'm really glad you enjoy my blog. I visited yours and it looks great. I AM intrigued though how you managed to get SO many followers in only a few months? Any tips or advice?

@ Lisa:it would be handy, wouldn't it! Luckily we can get ourselves some warmth and sunshine today in Antwerp!

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1