25 July 2011

Flora


Ebony and onyx necklace

Black paper brooch

Paper and photo-print brooch

Paper sea-anemone brooch



I have a complicated relationship with jewellery: although I can really appreciate its beauty on others, I don't really wear any myself, except for one ring.  Somehow, I always feel overdressed when I'm wearing more.  However, I could make an exception for Flora Vagi's designs.  She's a young, Hungarian designer I discovered via here. Her pieces are real works of art, and made of the most unusual materials, such as paper and wood.  Above some of my favourite pieces. Check out more on her website.


4 comments :

agnes szucs said...

haha! as i looked at the photos, i thought how much they resemble the works of this fellow Hungarian girl whose name was at the top of my tongue but just couldn't remember... :D :D and there it is! :D

i love her works, too. and it's good to see new ones, i guess i haven't seen these particular ones before.

i would definitely wear these, too!

hugs,
agnes
:) :)

Carole Reid said...

I feel the same way about wearing jewellery. These piecese done by Flora Vagi are amazing. Thanks for introducing her to us.

E. said...

@ Agnes: well, it was YOU who really inspired this post (or should I say iiiinspired it :-)) When you mentioned Calder's jewellery, I thought it was high time to do a jewellery post! The fact that she's Hungarian made me think even more of you!

@ Carole: you're very welcome!

X E.

agnes szucs said...

:) :) oh, i'm flattered... thank you! :)

hugs,
a

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1