14 April 2011

Order of the day


via here

Lunch with a friend I haven't seen in ages and then ... more writing. The image above comes from the very first blog I ever visited (3 years ago). I was very, very ill at the time and my life had come to a complete stand-still. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness and told I would have to change my life completely. Everything I'd built for myself, everything I had planned for the future, shattered into a zillion pieces. Things seemed bleak all round. Stellou's blog lifted my spirits immensely. Her pictures and her stories comforted and inspired me. She made me dream and forget my pain and worries for a while,  provided some necessary breathing space. I love when a blog, a work of art, a book does that. Not intentionally - such efforts often miss the mark for me - but just by quietly being there, striking a chord within, radiating its own beauty.  Her blog stopped in 2009 and, at times, I still miss it.




No comments :

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1