10 January 2012

The Five Senses




via here


Okay, I admit I think he looks a tiny bit creepy, but I love the concept behind Material Teddy.  He was created by artist/designer Makiko Shinoda and each of his body-parts is made of  a different material. This way, he stimulates children's (and adults') sense of touch. Wonderful!

The Five Senses - as you can read in the short description I gave of myself in the right-hand column - have always fascinated me.  One of the first questions I ask when meeting new people is the following 'pentalemma':  if you knew you were going to lose your senses one by one and were only allowed to keep one, which order would you choose to lose them in and which of the five senses would you keep? I find it tells you a lot about people.

  Even though it's a hard decision, touch would be my sense of choice. (It'd be horrible to have to leave sight behind too, but hey, life is hard :-)).

So, what would you do?

If you love anything Five Senses, then you must see the movie by the same name - or why not join Monica at Bohemian Twilight in her Five Senses series?



2 comments :

chop and crop said...

I love the teddy and the concept! I could not handle losing sight, it is the most important sense to me.

www.chopandcrop.blogspot.com

E. said...

Hello there and welcome to my blog. Thank you for becoming my latest follower. Excited to discover your blog and tumblr too!

x E.

ShareThis

UA-40910455-1